Online Enquiry Form
Please Fill the below form and get free quote for your car
Car Removal Service Melbourne – 5 Simple Solutions to Increase your Cars Gas Mileage
Hear from the experts: Increase your Cars Gas Mileage
The price of gas today is in a continuous flight upward. To protect our pocket, we only have the fuel mileage to depend on. Increasing it is the only way. For most owners of a vehicle, gas mileage is a major expense they would prefer to be cut. With these simple fixes, you can now saved more money as you fuel up your car in some gas station. Here are some ways on how you can do it:
- Check on the air filter. Most owners forget this part of the engine. However, this part is the one that takes care of the air that enters the engine. If not taken care of, the buildup in it will decrease the efficiency of the engine. Inspect this part more often. You have no idea how much difference it can make with the gas being burned in your car.
- Oxygen sensor. At the very least, oxygen sensors must be replaced every after hitting 100,000 miles. This is the advice that most mechanics will give. Following them will be a good thing, as they know more than we do.
- Your car tires must be set in its proper inflation. If inflated properly, your tires can help in reducing the consumption of your gas for up to 3%. You must check the tires monthly as recommended. If you can inspect it weekly, that would be more preferable. Aside from helping you on your gas mileage, proper inflation for your tires will also help you avoid the wear to unevenness in the tread. Also, even when this part of the car is not really directly connected to the engine, it has a big impact in the fuel mileage. If it is worn out, you will not have the needed traction, which will then lead to needless waste of your gas.
- Engine tune up. If the engine is properly tuned, it maximizes the power and has the capability to enhance the efficiency of the fuel. This way will be a very effective one for gas mileage increase. However, car owners must be aware that many tuners out there disable the efficiency measure when you are you are tuning for power.
- Inspecting the mass air flow sensor. This sensor measures the amount of air that enters the engine. Right after that, it will send the data in the computer in your car. Fuel injection is being regulated here. Thus, this part of the engine is the one responsible for how much gas are wasted as we drive. Once it is dirty, the possibility that it will send wrong information to the computer is high. That wrong information will force the fuel injectors to pump for more gas that the system has no use for.
Car mileage can play a big role in increasing our expenses. However, plenty of ways to increase the efficiency it here are there to solve our problems. We do not know it, but most of the expenses we are forced to spend comes from our neglect. If we can take care of the parts that impact the fuel we use in the car, saving money from here is within our reach.
About the experts:
Total Car Collections is Melbourne’s largest car wrecker and second hand part suppliers. They have a huge car yard filled with all types, makes and models of cars. Total car collections offers instant cash for cars and provide free car removal service Melbourne wide.